Kickstart your morning with this plant-based, sweet potato breakfast sausage bowl! The sweet flavor from our maple jack fruit sausage links mixed with an abundance of freshly cooked vegetables make for a fulfilling breakfast that is guaranteed to satisfy your morning hunger.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 21 minutes
Ready in: 26 minutes
● 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or refined coconut oil, divided
● 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
● 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
● 1 (7.8-ounce) package jack & annie’s maple breakfast jack sausage links
● 2 cups packed baby spinach
● 1 cup multi-color cherry tomatoes, halved
● 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, or vegan crumbed feta-style cheese
● 1 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add jack sausage and cook, flipping occasionally, until fully heated through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Divide potato mixture between 2 bowls. Top with cooked jack sausage, spinach, tomatoes, feta and avocado. Serve and enjoy.