Biscuits and gravy just got better. Our plant-based breakfast sausage patties topped with homemade gravy make for a healthy yet delicious way to start out your day. It will definitely have you going back for seconds!
- 1 package jack & annie’s savory breakfast jack sausage patties
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuits or 4 premade biscuits
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Bake biscuits according to package directions
2. Saute one savory breakfast jack sausage patty in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a deep skillet on medium-low for 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the butter to the pan and let it melt. Turn the heat to medium and stir in 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, salt and pepper. Gradually pour in the milk, mixing well until smooth and the mixture begins to thicken. Slowly whisk in more flour for a thicker consistency
4. Break one sausage patty into small, crumbled pieces and add it to the gravy mixture. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Saute remaining savory breakfast jack sausage patty in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-low for 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
6. Add a split warm biscuit to a plate. Top one half with gravy and savory breakfast jack sausage patty. Serve immediately and enjoy!