A plant-based take on a classic Swedish staple! The meaty texture from our jackfruit meatballs topped with a creamy gravy provide the perfect amount of savory flavor that you and your guests are sure to love. Utsökt!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
Ready in: 27 minutes
● 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or refined coconut oil, divided
● 2 (10.6-ounce) packages jack & annie’s classic jack meatballs
● 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
● 1 (15-ounce) can coconut milk
● 1 cup water
● 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, or tamari
● 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
● 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
● 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add jack meatballs and cook, flipping occasionally until light golden-brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic and onion powder, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk, water, soy sauce, mustard and pepper until combined. Simmer, stirring constantly until thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes. Return jack meatballs to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until fully heated through, about 13 to 15 minutes.
- Top with parsley, and serve.