To those who are a fan of both sweet and spicy, we’ve got you covered with our delicious hot honey breakfast sausage waffle sandwich! Just add our savory plant-based breakfast jack sausage patties to your favorite waffles to create a fun twist to a classic morning delight! Easy to make and the perfect way to start your morning.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Ready in: 13 minutes
● 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or refined coconut oil, divided
● 4 jack & annie’s savory breakfast jack sausage patties
● 4 large eggs, lightly beaten, or 1 cup vegan eggs
● 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
● 4 frozen waffles, or vegan frozen waffles, toasted
● 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
● 1/2 cup baby arugula
● 2 tablespoons hot honey, or vegan hot honey
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add jack sausage patties and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until fully heated through. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in eggs and scramble, stirring constantly, until just set, about 30 seconds. Season with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Top 2 waffles evenly with 2 jack sausage patties, scrambled eggs, avocado, arugula and honey. Top with remaining waffles and serve.
Tip: To make hot honey, simply mix 2 tablespoons honey or vegan honey, a pinch of crushed red
pepper flakes and a dash of hot sauce together in a small bowl until combined.