Our classic meatballs are now elevated with a twist! This plant-based banh mi sandwich will delight your taste-buds with Vietnamese classic flavors. You will not believe how easy this is to make!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) package jack & annie’s meatballs
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tbsp ice water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
- 1 (12-16 oz) French Baguette, cut into quarters and halved lengthwise, centers removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Optional: thinly sliced jalapeño
- Prepare the meatballs as directed on the package.
- Whisk together vinegar, lime juice, ice water and oil. Add carrots, cucumber, and radishes; cover and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl; cover chill until ready to use.
- Spread the bottom halves of baguettes with mayonnaise mixture. Top each baguette bottom evenly with halved meatballs. Drain carrot mixture, divide evenly over meatballs. Top with cilantro leaves, jalapeño (if using), and baguette tops. Serve immediately and enjoy!