Recipe Contest Runner Up Winner!
Submitted by: karigreear
Prep/Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Box of jack & annie’s breakfast jack sausage patties
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 – 6 strawberries, sliced
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Frying oil
- Small funnel
- Microwave the jack patties for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, water, egg, granulated sugar, and baking powder to make the funnel cake batter.
- Add 1/2” of frying oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil reaches 350 degrees F, add the sausage patties to the skillet, making sure to leave a couple inches in-between each one.
- Using the funnel, drizzle the funnel cake batter over each patty, extending an inch past the edges of each one.
- Fry for 15 – 20 seconds then flip and drizzle the other side with funnel cake batter.
- Fry each side for 2 – 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain off any excess.
- Serve two per person, dusting each one with powdered sugar and adorning with sliced strawberries. Enjoy!