Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ready in: 45 minutes
For salsa verde:
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatillos, peeled and halved
- 3 small jalapenos, seeded, halved
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, or refined coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (2.5-pound) package jack & annie’s naked jackfruit
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, or vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 (13-ounce) bags yellow corn tortilla chips
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese, or vegan cheddar-style cheese
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 (2.25-ounce) cans pitted sliced black olives, drained
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- 3 small radishes, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- For salsa verde: Preheat oven to broil and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place tomatillos, jalapenos, onion and garlic on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 1
tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Broil, tossing vegetables occasionally, until dark
golden-brown and tender, about 10 to 14 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables, cilantro and lime juice to blender and puree until smooth, scraping
down the sides as needed, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add jackfruit and cook, stirring
occasionally until fully heated through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in salsa verde until
combined. Remove from heat.
- For assembly: Combine sour cream, cumin and lime juice in a small bowl. Season with
salt, to taste. Place tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet. Top with cheese, and broil
until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Top with jackfruit mixture, avocados, olives, radishes
and cilantro. Dollop with sour cream mixture and serve.