Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 34 minutes
Ready in: 49 minutes (plus pickling time)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 5 large radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, or refined coconut oil, divided
- 1 (2.5-pound) package jack & annie’s savory breakfast jack sausage patties
- 12 brioche buns, split and toasted
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- Boil vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in carrots, radishes and jalapeno. Let set at room temperature until cooled. Transfer to a heat-safe, air-tight container. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, add jack patties and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until fully heated through. Set aside. Repeat with remaining oil and jack patties.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on both sides of buns. Top each bottom bun with a layer of pickled vegetables and 2 jack patties. Top with cucumbers, cilantro and top bun, and serve.