Classic spaghetti marinara meets meatless jackfruit meatballs for an earth-friendly take on a family-friendly favorite. Get the recipe for our version of spaghetti and meatballs, and enjoy!
- 1 package of classic jack meatballs from jack & annie’s
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes and sugar (optional, to taste)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- In salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the jack meatballs to the skillet and saute for 1 minute, turning to evenly sear the outside. Add the minced garlic and dried oregano and sauté for another 1 minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour the jar of marinara sauce over the meatballs in the skillet. Stir gently to coat the meatballs with the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and let the meatballs simmer in the sauce for an additional 13-16 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer a spicier or sweeter sauce, you can also add a pinch of red pepper flakes or sugar.
- Toss the pasta together with the sauce and meatballs. Plate and garnish with grated cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired.