Just when you thought our classic jack meatballs couldn’t get any more flavorful, we’ve turned up the heat with a sweet and savory plant-based Korean BBQ sauce good enough to drink.
- 1 package classic jack meatballs from jack & annie’s
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (adjust for spiciness)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for serving
- Green onions, green and white parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, gochujang, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds. Stir until the brown sugar is fully dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and add jack meatballs. Saute meatballs, turning often to evenly sear the outside.
- Turn heat to low and add half of the Korean BBQ sauce. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently. Cook until the meatballs are heated through and the sauce has thickened. Gradually add more BBQ sauce if necessary.
- Divide rice and meatballs among bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions and an extra sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve any remaining Korean BBQ sauce on the side.