Italian Wedding Soup with our yummy jack and annie’s meatballs, could there be a better combination?! This vegetarian soup recipe is flavorful, easy to make, simple and so delish!
- 1 package jack & annie’s classic jack meatballs
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup small pasta (such as acini di pepe or orzo)
- 3 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place meatballs on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 17 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the meatballs are baking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot. Add onions and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened. Add the garlic to the pot and sauté for another minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add in pasta and reduce the heat to a gentle boil. Cook about 6-8 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
- Add the meatballs, stir, and continue to simmer for another 2-3 minutes, until warmed through. Taste the broth and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Reduce heat to low and add kale. Stir and let simmer for another minute until wilted.
- Serve warm with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.