1 package Savory Jack Sausage from Jack and Annie’s
¼ lb orecchiette pasta
3 tablespoons butter
5-10 fresh sage leaves
¼ c finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring pasta water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Let the water return to a full boil then add the pasta. Before draining, reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan on medium-low. Sauté the Savory Jack Sausages for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes. Increase heat to high and quickly crisp both sides. Remove from heat and cut into small pieces.
- Wipe out the pan, add butter and sausage and turn heat to medium. When the butter is melted, add five or so sage leaves and ¼ c of the reserved pasta water. Stir to combine and let simmer make a smooth sauce.
- Turn the heat to low, then add the pasta and the grated parmesan. Toss to combine. Gradually add in a small splash of reserved pasta water as needed, until the cheese has melted and the pasta and sausage are covered in a silky sauce.
- Divide into bowls, top with more parmesan and finish with fresh ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.