1 package maple jack breakfast sausage links from jack & annie’s
16 oz tater tots, defrosted
½ small yellow onion, finely diced
6 ounces fresh baby spinach
10 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup shredded swiss cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place tater tots in a greased baking dish in an even layer, reserving a handful back.
- Heat 1 T vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium low and add sausages, turning regularly until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove sausages from skillet and set aside to cool on a cutting board. Cut each sausage into ½ inch pieces. Sprinkle the pieces evenly over the tater tots in the dish.
- In the same non-stick pan, add onion and cook until soft. Add the spinach and stir, cooking until it just begins to wilt. Add to the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, heavy cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture evenly into the baking dish and top with the remaining tater tots (and more cheese if you wish)!
- Bake, covered, for about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes, until the eggs are set in the center of the casserole. Top with chives and pepper if desired.