Looking for a bit of spice in your life? Look no further than this crispy and delicious, vegan buffalo wing sandwich! This savory meal is made using our tender plant-based buffalo jack wings; in addition to fresh pickled green tomatoes and slaw, it will leave your mouth watering for more.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 24 minutes
Ready in: 34 minutes
Serves: one sandwich
Tip: The pickled tomatoes are a snap to make- but for even faster prep swap for sliced pickles. If you love slaw, simply double the recipe.
● 1 medium green tomato, thinly sliced
● ½ cup apple cider vinegar
● 1 teaspoon sugar
● ¼ teaspoon salt
● 1 cup purchased slaw mix
● 3 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons mayonnaise, vegan or regular , divided
● 1 teaspoon lemon juice
● salt and pepper to taste
● 1 package (9.6 oz.) Jack and Annies Buffalo Jack Wings, cooked according to package directions
● 4 thin slices red onion
● 4 brioche hamburger buns, split and toasted
Hot sauce, optional
- To prepare Quick-Pickled Green Tomatoes: Place the tomato slices a bowl. Combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and heat in a microwave 30 seconds or until hot, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour over tomatoes, stir to combine. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill until use. **Can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days ahead.
- Combine slaw mix, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill until use.
- To assemble, spread each bottom bun with 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise. Top with pickled tomato slices, onion, wings, coleslaw, and top bun halves. Serve with hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.